Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 21

7/31/10
"Skies of Brightest Blue (HDR)"

Today was my first experience using a circular polarizer filter on my camera. Because of the poor weather yesterday the sun wasn't clear enough to try out my new filter. Today I went out and drove around, all the way out to Fitchburg and back to Lake Wingra taking photographs of landscapes and using the polarizer. Though the angle here isn't perfect (polarizers are best used at a 90 degree angle to the sun for full effect) and because of that you can see a small amount of fading in the sky from dark blue to light, I'm overall happy with my purchase of this filter. It gives a darker blue and more contrast in the sky, which motivates me to take more photos outdoors in the sun. I'm also happy with how this HDR turned out. I can't wait to take more sunny-day photos.

As usual, click for a larger image. This is always a great idea for HDR images, to get the full effect.

2 comments:

  1. also fantastic for cutting glare on leaves and getting a more saturated feel to your photos. Gotta love the PL filters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and yes. This will be fun.

    ReplyDelete