Friday, July 23, 2010

Time to get Artsy... or is it Creative?

After two shots that I with which I was slightly disappointed with, creatively, I'm making a new resolution to be more creative or artsy with what I might find to be filler shots. I often come up with ideas of things I'd like to photograph, things that are within my creative comfort zone. These photos, occasionally work, but have already become cliche. Its now time for me to push my comfort zone and in the coming weeks and months will push myself to come up with new and artistic photos if I find it necessary to fill space when I have no immediate inspiration. I haven't been doing this for long, this photography hobby. Thats why, I believe that if I push myself more every day, I will see dramatic improvement from the beginning of the year to the end.

One bright point so far was the enormous reaction regarding my Firestorm shoot. From family, friends, and even professional photographer Peter West Carey, the framing on "Firestorm", including the depth of the darkness beyond the church, the lighting on the church itself, the position of the performer, and the people in the background all combined to make an amazing photo. Possibly even one of those once-in-a-lifetime photos. I am proud, and inspired, and I will keep trying my best for photos like "Firestorm" to keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment