Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 25

8/4/10
"Little Painted Lady"

I thought the flower reference as appropriate with the flowers painted on this little girl's face. I didn't catch her name (or her brother's, as he made sure to have a photo taken of himself as well), but I gave their family my email address so hopefully they will comment below so I can add that in later. This little girl's name is Mia, and she's 3 years old. Her brother, who I photographed and posted a photo of in another set, is named Jackson, and he's 5 years old. Today I set out to take portrait and lifestyle photos around the Green Bay Farmers Market on Broadway. Lately I've been taking so many landscape photos that I haven't really gotten far enough out of my comfort zone. Its hard going up to a little girl, and her parents, as cute as she may be and as nice as they may seem, and going out of your comfort zone to ask to snap a few pictures. She handled the attention really well though, and listened to directions even better. Hopefully the family is out there reading, and if so, thank you for this photo and for your time.


I'm fascinated by eyes, so this photo was one I was happy to get. Particularly the beautiful color of the eyes, and the fact that you can see my reflection in her eyes. Some day I'm planning on setting out to get a photo of just an eye without the face, and no reflection, but this turned out for what I was shooting for today.

As I start to take more portraits and lifestyle shots, if anyone out there wants any photos in a larger, nicer format, please contact me and we can arrange something. My contact info is up in the right side bar, but as a reminder, you can contact Mark, at kauzman01@gmail.com

Click to make the photo larger.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking this beautiful picture and kind words about our daughter Mia. She is 3 yrs old and her brother Jackson who is 5 yrs old is the "sleeping monster" in your bonus shots on broadway blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the chance to take this picture. They were both wonderful subjects!

    ReplyDelete