Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 26

8/5/10
"Rodgers to Havner"

Shooting the Green Bay Packer practice was a whole new game for me. The action shots required me to motor drive my camera and try to shoot sequences of shots. This, however, created problems with focus as the action moved down field. I shot over 325 frames, which I then parsed down to 143 possible workable photos, and then about 21 that I thought were worth publishing (and processing). I understand now why its so advantageous to have a lens that goes from a medium focal length of around 55mm (where I was set most days) up to 300mm or more. It'd be nice to focus in more clearly on individual players. The only trick there would be affording a lens with a high enough aperture. 

I will post more later, but for right now, heres a shot of Aaron Rodgers passing to Spencer Havner.

Click for a larger photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment