Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 23

8/2/10
"Abandoned"

Today was a great day, all around. I got to spend time with my family in Algoma, eat some great food, talk and have fun. I also got to drive around Algoma with my uncle and take some photographs of different scenes around Algoma, from the waterfront to an old cemetary with tombstones over 120 years old.

Today's one pick is an HDR image of a burned and abandoned house in an overgrown field in Algoma. I took 5 images that came out as great HDRs, which I might end up posting later, as well as some other shots from the day, however, I think this in itself is a fantastic shot, though it had to be cropped because of the effect of wind on the trees around the house. Others had issues with focus or weren't as eye-catching. I'll keep working on my focusing and when a tripod is a possibility, then I'll make sure to lower my f stop from now on. This photo had to be cropped slightly 1/250, f4/5.6/6.5, ISO 100, 18mm with a polarizer.

Click to enlarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment