Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 33

8/12/10
"Mango Habanero"

Today wasn't a particularly fantastic day for photography. I would have been unmotivated to say the least, to go out and shoot photos today in the sun, as it was around a 100 degree heat index. On top of that (really, superseding that) anyway, was the fact that I had pain that was indicative of that you'd feel with a hernia. After suffering through some of the worst pain of my life at work, I went to the doctor to be told that it wasn't a hernia, and that I wouldn't have to have surgery, but that recovery from this "strain" could be anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. Left with the idea of possibly missing the entire fall climbing season I resigned myself to finishing packing for the first move of two in a weeks time, and barely made it out to a meeting I really needed to get to. Afterwards, my friend Dylan and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings, with my camera in tow, and I decided a nice candid shot would do the trick. Though my ISO was set at 100 (by mistake) and therefore the shutter time was long (1.3 seconds), the slightly blurry picture I was left with was more interesting than any of the others of Dylan looking away. Another attempt at portraits. I don't want to be the guy that brings his camera out to dinner and takes pictures, but I could learn to enjoy portraits after a little work.


No comments:

Post a Comment